Monday, September 14, 2009

I Never Thought I'd Say This, But Start 'Tweeting'

OK, so we've covered all of the SEO Basics -- my tried and true standards, video, blogging and now, can it be . . .Twitter! I never thought I'd say it to my clients -- thinking they had too much on their plates to tweet -- but I'm now a believer. How can an outlet of such gargantuan proportions not be tapped? Last night while I was working on my laptop from the couch, my teenage daughter was watching the VMAs. I had the misfortune of watching Kanye perform one of his usual acts of rudeness and at the end of the show the commentator relayed that the incident received over a million tweets -- we're talking real time! This followed the bug that Jay Fleischman already put in my ear after reading his 'Legal Marketing Brief' on the importance of twittering. OK, enough on how a seasoned SEO Marketer is telling her most conservative clientele group to tweet. Now let's get down to the 'how to'.

Actually, this one is as EZ as 1, 2, 3.
1. go to twitter.com
2. Sign Up
3. Start tweeting

A few things to remember. Think of tweeting as just that -- short quips, nothing longer than 140 characters per tweet allowed. Get your friends and colleagues to 'follow' you by 'following' them. Be cautious and don't over-promote yourself -- make 20% about you and 80% about those you talk to.

Interested in sending your site to the TOP of the search engines with organic positions? Contact me asap -- Search Engine Optimization is what I've been doing since 1996!